We provide a staffing ratio to ensure that children have sufficient individual attention and to guarantee care and education of a high quality. Our staff are appropriately qualified and we obtain references and carry out criminal records through the Disclosure and Barring Service for staff and students who have substantial access to children.
To ensure that children and their parents are offered high quality school and pre-school care and education.
- A minimum of two teachers/adults are on duty at any one time.
- We use a key person system to ensure that each child and each family has a particular member of staff to contact for discussion and consultation.
- We hold regular staff meetings to discuss curriculum planning and children’s progress, their achievements and any difficulties.
- All staff have job descriptions which set out their roles and responsibilities
- We provide regular in-service/house training to staff.
- We provide staff induction training in the first week of employment. This induction includes ensuring staff understand the relevant policies
- We support the work of our staff by holding regular supervision meetings, lesson observations and appraisals
Policy reviewed on April 9th 2018