1. If an adult or child makes an allegation of abuse against a member of staff this must be reported to the Manager or Owner These allegations include where a member of staff has:
• behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
• possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child;
• behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates he or she would pose a risk of harm to children.
2. The member of staff in question will be suspended until the matter has been resolved. The matter will be dealt with as speedily as possible.
3. Depending on the seriousness of the complaint, the Manager must report the allegation to the London Borough of Waltham Forest LADO/Social Services and/or the police.
4. Any conversation with the LADO/Social Services must be confirmed within 24 hours.
5. Where appropriate, the incident will be referred to the Police Child Protection Team.
Such information is entirely confidential and subject to data protection.
Manager: Ms Yolande Farrell
Policy reviewed on: April 9th 2019
Department of Education - Keeping children safe in education Statutory guidance for schools and colleges September 2018